Can an 18 year old male get punished for dating a 14 year old female?

Newark, CA |

It isn't a sexual relationship it's platonic and there is parent consent

1. I am not aware of potential criminal charge based upon association, but, if the dating escalated to sexual activity with a minor there could be potential criminal charges. An 18 year spending significant time with a 14 year old of the opposite sex could be taking a chance.

www.losangelesdefenders.com

2. Not for dating, only for sexual activity

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

3. The dating portion of this "platonic" relationship is not illegal, any form of sexual activity between the minor and the adult is illegal.

4. A platonic relationship is not a crime. Once it becomes physical, it is a crime as she is a minor.