Can an attorney help a client pay the $165 immigrant fee. I noticed the instruction says only applicant. What of illiterates?

Floral Park, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

applicants who are not computer literate.

Yes, if you find one willing to assist you with that.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

What is the source of this info because the info on USCIS site seems to suggest otherwise, I dont know if that is outdated. The info states "Attorneys, accredited representatives, and employers are not authorized to create a USCIS ELIS account on your behalf to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee."

Your attorney can assist you with this process.

Belen Teresa Gomez

Belen Teresa Gomez

Yes, I understand. If you cannot complete the account and the process due to not being "computer literate" you can get assistance but would need to be the one giving the answers to the information asked. The concern is that someone else complete the information and "sign" for someone else where inaccurate information is given.

Yes

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Sure, an attorney can help

New York Immigration lawyer. This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

Yes, if the attorney agrees to do so.