Can Aggravated Battery charges be dropped by a victim in the state of Louisiana?

Asked over 4 years ago - Sulphur, LA

My husband was charged with aggravated battery in October of last year and the person who charged him went to the DA to have the charges dropped we thought everything was ok until yesterday when we received a notice of arraignment.

1. David J Cougle

Answered . A DA has discretion for prosecution. Although it seems it would be rather difficult when the only witness is the one who wants to drop the charges.

That's my opinion. I would retain a criminal defense attorney if i were you.

--
    The answer given here should be considered general in nature and should not be considered legal advice, or that there has been an attorney-client relationship established. It is always suggested to retain the counsel of a lawyer for legal advice specific to your situation.