Can absents of a nondisclosure agreement let an elder-law of MI firm off the hook, for there employee's abuse of their clients?

Asked 10 months ago - Canton, MI

Elder law of Mi had an intake specialist who had first contact with their client's/victim's. This woman than used that privileged info to seek out & prey on the elderly. In discovery this law firm claimed they didn't have a non disclosure agreement. In the woman's deposition, she stated otherwise, Can this one document letthefirm off the hook?

This case is to close on the 18th of Nov. How long do we have to appeal this case?

1. David L. Carrier

Pro

3

1

Answered . No. Not even close.

2. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Hell no. You should report this conduct to the State Bar of Michigan Grievance Committee.

3. Carol A. Morris

Answered . I don't think it is that simple. I believe- it depends on whether the law firm knew or should have known what the woman in question was doing. Did she have a criminal history? Did they do a background check? I think there are many variables that need answers that Elder Law attorneys may not know. You should re-post this question in the area of legal malpractice.