Can aarresting officer rewrite his report 6 months after arrest when his and adcf worker both wrote report

Asked over 1 year ago - Mattoon, IL

i was searched by officer when i asked him if he would like a soda when i went to cassey`s . he stated he wanted permition to search me first. after stating i would rather he did`nt iwas searched anyway. i was not under arrest or being detained . he found controled substance . he placed me in handcuffs and put me in patrol car . they search the house where he stated he had observed parafinailia laying inside on a bed thur a window , 3hr after placed in the car i was removed and read my rights , he and dcfs worker wrote statments that were close to truth ,6 months later when it was odvious violation of 4 amenment officer was aloud to rewrite his statment which is not even clse to truth . things of this nature r common in our county is it legal and what can b done when judge lets this pass

1. Louis Joseph Meyer

Pro

1

Answered . You need to hire a lawyer to fight the illegal search. File a motion to suppress and put the officer on the stand and examine him on the two reports. If the search is found to be a violation of your 4th Amendment, then the fruits of the search (controlled substance, etc.) will be suppressed and cannot be used against you. The state's attorney most likely will dismiss the charges.

Louis J. Meyer
    Offices in Chicago, Peoria & Rockford