Can a work authorization holder apply to university , and can he apply for financial aid ( Federal aid )??

Well, can an out of status student (f1) who applied for I-485 ( adjustment of status ) apply to university, because I really wanna continue my study . In addition, can I apply for financial aid , and if I did will I be accepted ??

1. Yes.
    Yes, it will be up to the educational institution and its criteria, pending the completion of your I-485 process and your being able to finally obtain a GC.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Apply? Yes

Will he/she get it? Maybe, every school has different rules.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. Yes to apply, possible no a federally issued school aid as statutorily extended to U.S. Citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents as a rule. Yet, it is possible that each school has some exceptions, grants or scholarships to which you may qualify otherwise.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

4. It is up to the school.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

5. We've had kids of several aos pending clients get student aid. Schools generally ask for a letter from the attorney confirming the "pending" status.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.