Can a work authorization holder apply to university , and can he apply for financial aid ( Federal aid )??

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Well, can an out of status student (f1) who applied for I-485 ( adjustment of status ) apply to university, because I really wanna continue my study . In addition, can I apply for financial aid , and if I did will I be accepted ??

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Yes.
    Yes, it will be up to the educational institution and its criteria, pending the completion of your I-485 process and your being able to finally obtain a GC.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Apply? Yes

Will he/she get it? Maybe, every school has different rules.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Yes to apply, possible no a federally issued school aid as statutorily extended to U.S. Citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents as a rule. Yet, it is possible that each school has some exceptions, grants or scholarships to which you may qualify otherwise.

4. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . It is up to the school.

5. Anu Gupta

Pro

1

Answered . We've had kids of several aos pending clients get student aid. Schools generally ask for a letter from the attorney confirming the "pending" status.