Can a women be on public assistance and lie! Saying her baby's father is no where to be found? But he lives with her?

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I work hard for my money and I pay taxes! I don't think it's right for this couple scamming the government. She reported that her baby's father is not in the picture, in actuality he's been with her for 20+ years.. She collects public asistance & He works off the books making up to $150.00 a day plus owns like $50.000.00 In child support! I don't think it's fare to the working class. I bust my butt working to make ends meet! And there just spending money left & right! The governments $$$$

1. Louis Lawrence Sternberg

Pro

4

Answered . Unfortunately these things happen all the time. You can report the fraud but, in all likelihood, nothing will come of it.

2. Jack Richard Lebowitz

Pro

3

Answered . I don't disagree with you, there are welfare chiselers working off the books and taking benefits that the middle class pays for, including most folks who get a W-2 and pay withholding taxes, but, still, no one on welfare or food stamps is "living large", trust me.

Hint, if you really want to get mad at someone, ask why the half-dozen Walton heirs and folks like them pay taxes at half the rate you do because their earnings are from "capital gains" or "carried interest" rather than salary, or the various agribusinesses and Fortune 500 corporation like GE or Apple that pay no taxes and get billion dollar refunds, or the billionaires like Mitt Romney that park their money offshore in the Cayman Islands, but are behind the military-industrial-prison complex that benefits from disastrous wars of choice benefiting "contractors" and to protect access to oil and trade routes.

Of course, there are probably better sites to argue about this stuff than Avvo, which is more about answering legal questions, but I have no doubt that the Wall Street banksters who caused the 2008 crash and are still sitting pretty after the bailout, none of whom has been indicted or prosecuted, make the welfare cheat you're all lathered up about look like chump change...and serve as a huge distraction while your pocket is being picked by the real "trickle up" elites of the top 0.01%.

Few of whom are lawyers, or "trial lawyers" which may also come as a surprise to you.

Have a good weekend and try to enjoy the sunshine and not think about politics. It will be cold and snowy soon enough, and as my friend Mr. Lometavas said, none of us are going to change any of this soon.

3. Marco Caviglia

3

Answered . Simply report the fraud and the basis of your knowledge to DSS, and cc any state agencies which may be interested.

4. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

2

Answered . The working class works and the neuvo liesure class chills out. You too can set up a scam and bilk the system. It's easy. There are no internal controls and we attorneys will not band together to do anything about it. It's the new millenium: 9/11 and welfare fraud.