Can a women be on public assistance and lie! Saying her baby's father is no where to be found? But he lives with her?

Brooklyn, NY |

I work hard for my money and I pay taxes! I don't think it's right for this couple scamming the government. She reported that her baby's father is not in the picture, in actuality he's been with her for 20+ years.. She collects public asistance & He works off the books making up to $150.00 a day plus owns like $50.000.00 In child support! I don't think it's fare to the working class. I bust my butt working to make ends meet! And there just spending money left & right! The governments $$$$

The working class works and the neuvo liesure class chills out. You too can set up a scam and bilk the system. It's easy. There are no internal controls and we attorneys will not band together to do anything about it. It's the new millenium: 9/11 and welfare fraud.

Unfortunately these things happen all the time. You can report the fraud but, in all likelihood, nothing will come of it.

It is always advisable to contact an attorney. For a consultation, please contact our office at 516-669-3295. We are located in West Babylon, NY and proudly offer very low rates and free consultations. For more information, please see our website: <a href="http://www.LouisLSternbergLaw.com">Long Island Divorce Lawyer Louis Sternberg.</a>

I don't disagree with you, there are welfare chiselers working off the books and taking benefits that the middle class pays for, including most folks who get a W-2 and pay withholding taxes, but, still, no one on welfare or food stamps is "living large", trust me.

Hint, if you really want to get mad at someone, ask why the half-dozen Walton heirs and folks like them pay taxes at half the rate you do because their earnings are from "capital gains" or "carried interest" rather than salary, or the various agribusinesses and Fortune 500 corporation like GE or Apple that pay no taxes and get billion dollar refunds, or the billionaires like Mitt Romney that park their money offshore in the Cayman Islands, but are behind the military-industrial-prison complex that benefits from disastrous wars of choice benefiting "contractors" and to protect access to oil and trade routes.

Of course, there are probably better sites to argue about this stuff than Avvo, which is more about answering legal questions, but I have no doubt that the Wall Street banksters who caused the 2008 crash and are still sitting pretty after the bailout, none of whom has been indicted or prosecuted, make the welfare cheat you're all lathered up about look like chump change...and serve as a huge distraction while your pocket is being picked by the real "trickle up" elites of the top 0.01%.

Few of whom are lawyers, or "trial lawyers" which may also come as a surprise to you.

Have a good weekend and try to enjoy the sunshine and not think about politics. It will be cold and snowy soon enough, and as my friend Mr. Lometavas said, none of us are going to change any of this soon.

This answer is provided under the Avvo.com “Terms and Conditions of Use” (“ToU”), particularly ¶9 which states that any information provided is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and me or any other attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely solely upon Legal Information you obtain from this website or other resources which may be linked to an answer for informational purposes. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. The full Avvo ToU are set forth at http://www.avvo.com/support/terms . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of New York and Federal Courts. Any general information I provide about non-New York laws should be checked with an attorney licensed to practice in your State. Lastly, New York State Court rules (22 NYCRR Part 1200, Rule 7.1) also require me to inform you that my answers and attorney profile posted on the Avvo.com site may be considered "attorney advertising" and that "prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome".

Jack Richard Lebowitz

Jack Richard Lebowitz

p.s. Back to the Waltons, whose minimum wage workers get no benefits and are told to apply for welfare and food stamps...who do you think subsidizes those folks? It's the middle class, but enjoy those "low everyday prices" of the junk from China they stock.

Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Peter Christopher Lomtevas

I don't see why we cannot offer political commentary here on Avvo if it serves to explain how the law operates to put into effect political goals. As for Walmart, I never criticize another man's hustle.

Jack Richard Lebowitz

Jack Richard Lebowitz

LOL. You have way more restraint than I, Peter, although I suspect your tongue is lodged firmly in your cheek (I just looked at the family court cartoons on your Avvo profile).

Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Peter Christopher Lomtevas

It's hard sometimes to keep my composure.

Simply report the fraud and the basis of your knowledge to DSS, and cc any state agencies which may be interested.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Jack Richard Lebowitz

Jack Richard Lebowitz

Good practical advice. In our county, there is someone in the newspaper every week on the police blotter for violating welfare laws. Most are sad sacks who have an extra income earning person in the household they're not reporting (e.g., live in boyfriend), but in one of our most colorful cases, we had a Motel 6 franchise owner who had everyone in his family on welfare and they were using it to buy the cornflakes and similar breakfast items that they served to guests in the motel's "breakfast room". Most of these folks are charged with serious felonies and restitution, even for minor amounts of chiseling, a couple of thousand bucks (back to Wall Street banker chump change comparisons here, strange how the laws come down on the poor much harder than the rich, if at all).