Can a witness be tried if he testfies for a defendant when he feels like it may jepordize both.

Asked about 2 years ago - Detroit, MI

my brother-in-law lives on property that he took over from his parents. He grew up in this house. He told us we are safe to shoot into the tree lines. Unfortunately there was a new house built behind the tree line after he bought the house back. He got a ticket for Reckless unwanton use of a firearm. State trooper wrote him a ticket...never got anyone else's information at all...the judge is throwing the book at him. Prosecuter cant find the report or the ticket. Judge said they have 3 weeks to find it or it's thrown out. If they find it my brother-in-law has a choice of calling in a jury trial or facing the judge himself. Brother-in-law wants to call me in as a witness. Question is: "Can I be charged and brought into it after the fact."

1. Haytham Faraj

Pro

1

Answered . Yes you might. Prosecutors often employ intimidation tactics by charging witnesses, scaring witnesses and interfering with witnesses. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to charge. That said, if your testimony can help then you should testify.

This is not legal advice. This is merely a recommendation on how to get what you need from the Court.