Skip to main content

Can a withdrawn petition be used to file a new one

Jacksonville, FL |

My previous employer withdrawn an approved petition for H1b (2012), because I left the company.
1) Can I get the details of my petition, Like EAC number from any place.
2) Can any new employer file H1b Petition, Do I need to undergo the CAP.

3) what all information does my new employer need from my old petition. My previous employer is not willing to provide Petition details.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. The employer must withdraw the petition and the underlying LCA. Your petition is likely in the Public Access File which you should be able to review. Whether or not you're currently in status pursuant to a cap subject petition will determine if a new employer can file for you.

  2. No.

    Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |

  3. For CAP exception purposes, yes.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  4. Your situation depends on issues not disclosed in your question and it also time sensitive. I suggest your new potential employer contact an experienced immigration attorney to determine whether he/she is qualified to employ you for an H visa.

    Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
    4110 Southpoint Boulevard, Suite 101
    Jacksonville, Florida 32216
    904 296-7702
    (Across from the USCIS in Jacksonville)

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics