Skip to main content

Can a wife receive some sort of SSI assistance for the children while husband is in Jail?

Chico, CA |
Filed under: Child support

My daughter's husband is in Jail for Domistic abuse and will be in Jail for a long time... can she get SSI or other assistance (SSI) while he is in jail to care for the children?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is government assistance available to the indigent. Some counties also have a "victim's fund" to assist the victims of certain types of crimes. Check with your local government agencies.


Look into California Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC).

Best of luck to you.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer