Can a victim of sexual abuse make her sex offender public? Even if he is an Alaska State Trooper?

Soldotna, AK |

Internal Affairs investigated and found no proof of the abuse to convince 12 jury members without a doubt. But, those that investigated believe the abuse did happen and they believe the State Trooper in question is guilty. The trooper lives in our town now. We want him to relocate. So, that we do not have to ever see him again.

1. Your question has an inherent flaw.....that is the "proof" required for an IA investigation is not the same as that required to file charges. I lived in Soldotna for 6 years (until just a a few weeks) and practiced law there. I can tell you that the DA is not shy about filing charges. Has a formal complaint been made? The more answer to your question is probably not. You could be exposing yourself to a slander suit. And even if you won, you probably couldn't make him move.....

Child abuse topics