Skip to main content

Can a victim go to jail for not showing up to court in South Carolina?

Spartanburg, SC |

My ex boyfriend went to jail for CDV and I was the victim. We went to court a few months ago and he asked for a jury trial. I have received a summons to appear in court again and can't miss work.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. They may have a bailiff come to your job or your home. May.

  2. Do you mean that you were subpoenaed, or that you received a copy of the Defendant's summons so as to alert you to his next court date?

    Please be advised that this comment should in no way be interpreted as legal advice, nor should one rely on this comment in making a final decision about his or her case. Each case is fact specific and peculiar in its own way. Thus, you should consult with an attorney in-person or over the phone, explaining your particular situation, so that the attorney can render fully effective and competent assistance tailored to your particular situation.

Domestic violence topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics