Can a US citizen apply for EBT for himself/herself ONLY being married to a resident alien and sponsored by a third party?

Asked 11 months ago - Van Nuys, CA

(Sorry for getting complicated) My wife and me got recently married. I am a conditional green card holder and she is a US citizen. I am currently the only one who is working and paying all bills because my wife is going to school and I want her to concentrate on her education. She had no income when we got married and her uncle sponsored me for my conditional green card. I want to know if my wife can apply for EBT for herself (not me). I definitely understand I am not supposed to ask any kind of assistance that I become burden on the government but can she ask EBT or any assistant in finding a job just for herself?

am trying to ask would it go against me when I apply for 10 year green card?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

12

Answered . Not an immigration quesiton.

2. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

7

Answered . This is not an immigration question. If your wife is a US citizen, I don't see why she cannot apply for for assistance.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . This is not an immigration question.

But, can't she ask her Uncle for financial help?

4. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. This is not an immigration question.