Can a US citizen apply for EBT for himself/herself ONLY being married to a resident alien and sponsored by a third party?

Van Nuys, CA |

(Sorry for getting complicated) My wife and me got recently married. I am a conditional green card holder and she is a US citizen. I am currently the only one who is working and paying all bills because my wife is going to school and I want her to concentrate on her education. She had no income when we got married and her uncle sponsored me for my conditional green card. I want to know if my wife can apply for EBT for herself (not me). I definitely understand I am not supposed to ask any kind of assistance that I become burden on the government but can she ask EBT or any assistant in finding a job just for herself?

am trying to ask would it go against me when I apply for 10 year green card?

This is not an immigration question. If your wife is a US citizen, I don't see why she cannot apply for for assistance.

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

Not an immigration quesiton.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

This is not an immigration question.

But, can't she ask her Uncle for financial help?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree with my colleagues. This is not an immigration question.

The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.

Education law topics