Can a UK citizen ( fiancee) come to the US and marry a US citizen, without the intent to immigrate to the US ?

Florence, SC |
Filed under: Immigration

The thought is to have me (US) to immigrate to the UK after we are wed. What visa will I (US) need to apply for?

The first question is yes, if the UK convinces the US consulate that there is no intent. AS to the second question - We, here on AVVO, do not practice UK law. FInally, no, UK should not do that on WVP simply because it is not proper. Yes, many UKs do that on WVP without disclosing the intent to marry, true, but it does not make it proper.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

yes I agree does not make it right, but we are trying figure/find out the best way to have our happily ever after so to speak. We both have looked about on the net trying to find answers to questions, then new questions start to come up and we are just lost in the wording of it all. But Thank you for answering my question. :)

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration law is way too complicated, whether in US or UK. Immigraiton attorney in UK would be a good idea.

Yes, you can enter the US as a visitor under the Visa Waiver Program.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Thank You :)

As a UK citizen you can enter the US as a maximum 90 day "visitor" (tourist) under the Visa Waiver program. You will need to obtain ESTA certification on the Internet a few days before boarding the US bound flight.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you :)