Can a twenty one year old legally kiss a fourteen year old on the lips

Cazenovia, NY |
Filed under: Criminal charges

one picture were taken of me and her kissing and one of her with her her head on my shoulder... is that legal since were just friends and only kissed that one time?

The only law it might break is endangering the welfare of a child but I don't think a single kiss does. That said, find someone your own age to kiss.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Not really, but a busybody might use it as evidence to show that you are endangering the welfare of a minor. Be careful. Be cool. Your intentions maybe misinterpreted.

I agree more with Atty. Rothstein here.