Can a Trustee be Under Agreement (U/A) with a trust ?

ex. John Doe Living Trust U/A 12/12/2012 Jack Doe Trustee For The Benefit of Jim Doe Thank You

Manteca, CA -

Charles Adam Shultz

Charles Adam Shultz

Estate Planning Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Not sure what your question is. What its seems like is that John Doe created a trust for the benefit of Jim Doe and named Jack Doe as trustee of that trust. That is perfectly fine if that is in fact the case.

Sponsored Listing
James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick

Estate Planning Attorney - Livonia, MI

I agree that your question is not entirely clear. U/A is a common abbreviation used when referring to a trust agreement. If Jack Doe is acting as Trustee of the John Doe Living Trust, then the above caption would appear to be fine.

James Frederick

Dagmar Pollex

Dagmar Pollex

Estate Planning Attorney - Braintree, MA

Yes, U/A is a short hand (and common) way of saying the John Dow Living Trust under the trust agreement executed on 12/12/2002.

Many times financial institutions will use this method to name counts owned by trusts

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.