Can a Trustee be Under Agreement (U/A) with a trust ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Manteca, CA

ex. John Doe Living Trust U/A 12/12/2012 Jack Doe Trustee For The Benefit of Jim Doe

Thank You

1. Charles Adam Shultz

9

2

Best Answer

Answered . Not sure what your question is. What its seems like is that John Doe created a trust for the benefit of Jim Doe and named Jack Doe as trustee of that trust. That is perfectly fine if that is in fact the case.

2. James P. Frederick

11

2

Answered . I agree that your question is not entirely clear. U/A is a common abbreviation used when referring to a trust agreement. If Jack Doe is acting as Trustee of the John Doe Living Trust, then the above caption would appear to be fine.

James Frederick

3. Dagmar Pollex

8

1

Answered . Yes, U/A is a short hand (and common) way of saying the John Dow Living Trust under the trust agreement executed on 12/12/2002.

Many times financial institutions will use this method to name counts owned by trusts