Skip to main content

Can a third party be sued for breaking up a marriage

Richland, WA |

can husband file any kind of action against another party for causing emotional damage to my children and myself?

Attorney Answers 1


The legal action you are asking about is likely "alienation of affection". WA long ago abolished that legal action.

Depending on what actually happened, there may be other bases.

You should review your facts and options with an attorney.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics