Can a textile designer based in india apply for EB1 visa?

Asked about 2 years ago - Palo Alto, CA

Can a textile designer based in india with its work published in major media ( house beautiful and femina .in) apply for EB1 visa. She also owns her personal online boutique with
good reviews from international clients.
What are the chances of success?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

14

2

Answered . Difficult to answer without knowing more. Based on the little information you are giving here, the answer is a simple 'no'. None of the facts you are mentioning seem to elevate that individual to the level of "extraordinary ability", with its very stringent requirements and (very) strict USCIS interpretation of those requirements. I could see chances for an O-1 Non-immigrant visa, however. Consult with an immigration lawyer in Palo Alto on this.

2. Ala M. Hamayel

10

Answered . I agree with my colleague. A lot more information is needed. It is a good idea to speak with a local immigration attorney about the matter.

One or more answers have been taken down.