Can a textile designer based in india apply for EB1 visa?

Palo Alto, CA |
Filed under: Green cards

Can a textile designer based in india with its work published in major media ( house beautiful and femina .in) apply for EB1 visa. She also owns her personal online boutique with
good reviews from international clients.
What are the chances of success?

Difficult to answer without knowing more. Based on the little information you are giving here, the answer is a simple 'no'. None of the facts you are mentioning seem to elevate that individual to the level of "extraordinary ability", with its very stringent requirements and (very) strict USCIS interpretation of those requirements. I could see chances for an O-1 Non-immigrant visa, however. Consult with an immigration lawyer in Palo Alto on this.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleague. A lot more information is needed. It is a good idea to speak with a local immigration attorney about the matter.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

Recommended articles about Immigration