Can a text message be legally binding?

Asked over 1 year ago - Russellville, AR

A fried purchased an ATV for me as a gift. She got mad at me and threatened to get the cops involved so just simply returned it after possessing it for 7 months. I re-obtained the ATV less than 24 hrs later after she was no longer upset. Now, a month and a half or so later she is upset again and wants the ATV back. I have the text message conversation that is time and date stamped stating that I would keep the atv and pay her between $100-125 a month and she stated also that she would resume full payment after paying off a plastic surgery procedure. Do i have a case or do i need to return he ATV? She also purchased $700 worth of furniture for my house (section, 2end tables and a coffee table) and is also wanting that back and threatening to get a search warrant and the authorities involved

1. Seyed Abbas Kazerounian

2

Answered . It is hard to see what is going as the facts are hard to follow. Texts could be deemed as contracts should there have been a meeting i the minds with consideration. I am not sure that all those element were present when you guys were going at it with the texts. But certainly keep them and take them to an attorney who can analyze them better after you have given a more coherent set of facts