Can a text message be legally binding?

Russellville, AR |

A fried purchased an ATV for me as a gift. She got mad at me and threatened to get the cops involved so just simply returned it after possessing it for 7 months. I re-obtained the ATV less than 24 hrs later after she was no longer upset. Now, a month and a half or so later she is upset again and wants the ATV back. I have the text message conversation that is time and date stamped stating that I would keep the atv and pay her between $100-125 a month and she stated also that she would resume full payment after paying off a plastic surgery procedure. Do i have a case or do i need to return he ATV? She also purchased $700 worth of furniture for my house (section, 2end tables and a coffee table) and is also wanting that back and threatening to get a search warrant and the authorities involved

It is hard to see what is going as the facts are hard to follow. Texts could be deemed as contracts should there have been a meeting i the minds with consideration. I am not sure that all those element were present when you guys were going at it with the texts. But certainly keep them and take them to an attorney who can analyze them better after you have given a more coherent set of facts

Kazerouni Law Group, APC is a law firm concentrating its efforts in the area of consumer law, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1692 et seq. (“FDCPA”), and California's Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, California Civil Code §§ 1788-1788.32 ("Rosenthal Act"). Our lawyers are specially trained in the Federal FDCPA, Consumer Defense, and other consumer related matters. Our goal is to protect you against unfair, deceptive and abusive debt collection practices. Creditors, professional debt collectors, and attorneys who violate the law are subject to paying damages, statutory penalties, and the consumer's attorneys fees and costs. If you feel you have been abused, deceived or treated unfairly, you may need a lawyer. We can be reached at 800-400-6808, or through one of the evaluation forms on this or at our own website at www.kazlg.com. The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or as forming an attorney-client relationship. No attorney-client relationship between the reader and Abbas Kazerounian has been formed. If you are in the State of California and would be interested in a formal free consultation either visit Kazerouni Law Group, APC website at www.kazlg.com or call me toll free at 800-400-6808.