Can a teenager leave her household if she has been hit multiple times by her biological mother and her step father?

Tarboro, NC |

I have been wanting to leave my house for sometime now. I don't feel I'm treated right and have tried moving in with my grandmother. But my mom and step father would not allow it and since I'm only 15 I have no choice but to stay. Recently I didn't make the best decision and I stuck out of my house and didn't return for a few hours the next morning. When I returned I was hit by my mom and repeatedly by my step father in the face, leaving a marking and a cut on his hand from my earring. Am I allowed to leave? What exactly are my options?

when they hit you and leave marks you can tell the police or CPS or your school counselor, then perhaps you will be placed with your grandmother or foster care.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Recommended articles about Family law