Can a teenager leave her household if she has been hit multiple times by her biological mother and her step father?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tarboro, NC

I have been wanting to leave my house for sometime now. I don't feel I'm treated right and have tried moving in with my grandmother. But my mom and step father would not allow it and since I'm only 15 I have no choice but to stay. Recently I didn't make the best decision and I stuck out of my house and didn't return for a few hours the next morning. When I returned I was hit by my mom and repeatedly by my step father in the face, leaving a marking and a cut on his hand from my earring. Am I allowed to leave? What exactly are my options?

1. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . when they hit you and leave marks you can tell the police or CPS or your school counselor, then perhaps you will be placed with your grandmother or foster care.