Can a statutory sexual seduction charge that was plead down to a gross misdemeanor be sealed?

Asked over 3 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

Hi,

I was charged with statutory sexual seduction in 2000 and served 3 years probation. My record reflects a gross misdemeanor so I was able to purchase a firearm when my background was run.

Maybe my understanding of the NRS is incorrect but what I took away was that there was a possibility of sealing because it's not a felony on my record. Am I way off? Because the original charge was a felony, do those rules apply? Or is it simply that no sex offense can be sealed?

I'm not crying poor me because I definitely committed an offense but I'm having difficulty obtaining employment in my desired profession.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

1. Paul J Adras

Pro

Answered . The record sealing process can be a difficult process to navigate through. There are many variables that determine whether a record can be sealed. Your question can best be addresses by meeting with an attorney that has experience in the record sealing process. Please visit www.recordseal.com for further information regarding record sealing.