Can a state college recede a grant without any reason?

Asked 7 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

Florida State College at Jacksonville awarded me a Blue Wave grant. The grant covered 91% of the classes. I happily paid the difference. I paid the difference six weeks or so before my classes begun. A week before my classes begun, they receded the grant with no reason. I was in good academic standing. I hadn't withdrawn from my classes. My classes were paid. I had a zero balance; that balance became the amount of what was awarded to me with the grant. Yet, my profile still showed that I was awarded the grant. Amazingly, I can't get a response as to why. Does this fall under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Thank you in advance for your time!

1. Jonathan Seth Corchnoy

Answered . If you have not done so already, write the financial director and ask them why the grant was rescinded. Send the request certified mail, RRR. There may be a legitimate reason why, such as they believe you gave incorrect information on your application. It is impossible to suggest that there may be a discriminatory reason why without more information from you.