Can a speeding ticket be voided due to officers mistake?

I got pulled over and got a speeding ticket, the cop signed the ticket but failed to put a checkmark in the box that certifies me receiving it. Can i just act like nothing happened?

Vero Beach, FL -

Jimmie David Gentle

Jimmie David Gentle

Criminal Defense Attorney - Orlando, FL

You don't ever want to be passive when it comes to your license or court. Doing nothing is usually not a good idea. Consult with an experienced attorney that handles traffic tickets. They will help you get the best possible outcome.

Robert Jason De Groot

Robert Jason De Groot

Criminal Defense Attorney - Deltona, FL

Usually not, but can be used to your advantage sometimes.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
Gregg R. Brennan

Gregg R. Brennan

Criminal Defense Attorney - Summerfield, FL

If you signed the ticket, that certifies that you received it and are aware of it, whether the officer put a checkmark in the box or not. DO NOT act like nothing happened because if you fail to address this matter you'll wind up with a suspended license and that will create a whole bunch of other issues for you.

James M. Osak

James M. Osak

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Madison Heights, MI

Yeah. Just forget about it.
And when you're arrested for driving w/o
your license just tell them "nothing happened."
Then YOU'LL SEE what happens.

Related Advice