Can a speeding ticket be voided due to officers mistake?

Vero Beach, FL |

I got pulled over and got a speeding ticket, the cop signed the ticket but failed to put a checkmark in the box that certifies me receiving it. Can i just act like nothing happened?

1. You don't ever want to be passive when it comes to your license or court. Doing nothing is usually not a good idea. Consult with an experienced attorney that handles traffic tickets. They will help you get the best possible outcome.

Contact through this site alone does not establish a client lawyer relationship. This information is not to be used as a substitute for consulting with an attorney. I or any of the attorneys at longwelllawyers would be happy to give a free consultation. Call 407-426-5757. Longwell Lawyers Orlando Criminal Defense Attorneys Orlando Family Law Attorneys

2. Usually not, but can be used to your advantage sometimes.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

3. If you signed the ticket, that certifies that you received it and are aware of it, whether the officer put a checkmark in the box or not. DO NOT act like nothing happened because if you fail to address this matter you'll wind up with a suspended license and that will create a whole bunch of other issues for you.

An attorney-client relationship is NOT created by the answering of this question. If you would like to discuss your matter more fully with my office, please contact me to set up an initial consultation.

4. Yeah. Just forget about it.
    And when you're arrested for driving w/o
    your license just tell them "nothing happened."
    Then YOU'LL SEE what happens.

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

Traffic tickets topics