Can a single mother date a man who was convicted of statutory rape when he was 21 and is now 33 with out her child being taken?

Bradenton, FL |

He was 19 when it happened and wasnt convicted until he was 21. He is now labeled as a sex offender.

1. The question is not really if you can, as there is nothing physically stoping you from doing so. The question is really SHOULD you date this man, and that is an entirely different question...
    I can tell you that from a legal perspective dating a convicted sex offender can certainly give rise to the other partent bringing a supplemental petition for modificaiton based upon a substantial change in circumstances. Whether or not it will ultimately succeed or fail is a matter of the evidence presented before the court and the mind and will fo the judge assigned to the case. You should consult with an attorney regarding any current or planned legal action, but my best advice to you as a mother is to protect your children and forget about the sex offender.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of the Sosa Law Office, P.A., pursuant to an executed employment agreement, you should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. Melissa Sosa, Esq. melissa@sosalawoffice.com 813-681-5640.

2. You can date whomever you want. However the father of the child could use the fact you are dating a sex offender against you when dealing with child visitation.

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. Thank You