Can a sex offender get a pardon

Asked about 2 years ago - Edwards, MO

can a registered sex offender get a pardon

1. Daniel Dean Brogdon

1

Answered . I agree with counsel above. One can apply for a pardon. I do not have the statistics regarding the number of pardons granted to sex offenders in Missouri over the last year, etc., but I will wager that the number hovers around zero. Best of luck.

2. Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

Answered . It is certainly possible I believe, however, whether the governor or the president would do so is a different story.

3. Ross W. Buehler

Answered . You can file a petition for clemency with the Governor of Missouri. There is information and a form to do so at this web site: http://doc.mo.gov/division/prob/ExecClem.php It is a lengthy process that many times takes years. Even if clemency is granted, this still might not be enough to take away the obligation to report as a sex offender pursuant to Missouri and Federal statute. There are some sex offenses that after a passage of time, you can petition a court to remove your name from the sex offender registry. You should seek legal representation and they can more fully answer your questions.