Can a sex offender get a pardon

Edwards, MO |

can a registered sex offender get a pardon

It is certainly possible I believe, however, whether the governor or the president would do so is a different story.

Never describe your facts in an online forum. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website

I agree with counsel above. One can apply for a pardon. I do not have the statistics regarding the number of pardons granted to sex offenders in Missouri over the last year, etc., but I will wager that the number hovers around zero. Best of luck.

The answer to this question is not intended to be construed as legal advice. Nothing in this answer creates an attorney/client relationship. I do not represent you. If you wish to consult me regarding representation, please visit my website at

You can file a petition for clemency with the Governor of Missouri. There is information and a form to do so at this web site: It is a lengthy process that many times takes years. Even if clemency is granted, this still might not be enough to take away the obligation to report as a sex offender pursuant to Missouri and Federal statute. There are some sex offenses that after a passage of time, you can petition a court to remove your name from the sex offender registry. You should seek legal representation and they can more fully answer your questions.

This response represents general informational material only and is not intended to offer legal advice. You should not rely on or use information presented here without consulting a lawyer regarding your specific circumstances, changes to applicable laws, rules and regulations, and other legal issues. Representation: Use of this website does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidentiality: Communication through e-mail is not confidential. We may have prior client relationships or other potential conflicts that would prevent us from representing you or from treating your communications as confidential. For any information you consider confidential, please first contact us by telephone or make a personal visit. " The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements."