CAn a school withhold a video of my 12 yr old son being accused of assault ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Texas City, TX

He was kicked out and will have to attend alternative school. The other child went on a field trip right after the altercation.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Stephen A. Gustitis

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If your son is being prosecuted through your county's juvenile justice system, he'll be entitled to appointed/hired legal counsel to help. If so, his attorney can subpoena the video if the prosecutors do not supply it as part of the discovery in the case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,416 answers this week

3,350 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,416 answers this week

3,350 attorneys answering