Can a school question a child with an IEP without an parent

Asked over 1 year ago - Dayton, OH

my daughter is being bully and she is a special need student the school did not do anything about the bullying until a fight

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

Answered . No. The school can question and talk to a child on an Iep the same as any other. An IEP is in effect to help modify education to meet your child's individual goals. With that being said if your child is charged with a crime or delinquency action then the IEP may help. I do not believe that questioning or talking to your child would permit a civil suit against the school.

2. Stuart M Nachbar

Pro

Answered . Why does your child have an IEP? I would think it would be more proper to always have a parent in the pressence when questioning a student, but that goes regardless of the fact that an IEP is involved. I think that would just heighten te situation.