Can a school district see my sealed record if i'm applying for a job?

Asked about 1 year ago - Katy, TX

i am a high school student and I'm close to graduating. i want to seal my record for a misdemeanor(shoplifting) what can a school district see once I've sealed it? or do they have complete access? I've been offered a job for after graduation and it's a very good opportunity for me. i want to know what they'll be able to find. please help

1. Spencer James Cahoon

4

Answered . Once sealed, no school district will be able to see your record.

That assumes that you are eligible to have it sealed, and there are a number of specific criteria that must be met before you would be eligible. If you are already sure you are eligible, then you are ready to move forward. If not, the you should contact an attorney of your choice to get a free consultation to determine if you meet the eligibility criteria.

2. Gary Churak

Pro

4

Answered . That would depend on have your case was sealed. Is it an Expunction or Non-Disclosure. Was it a Juvenile case. Since you are seeking employment as a teacher and have licensing requirements it is conceivable that the school district could see the case. What happened to your case. Was it a Class C or B misdemeanor.

3. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

1

Answered . Check the statute. In Florida you are required to disclose to certain prospective employers.