Skip to main content

Can a school call adult protective services on an 18 year old alleging he's incompetent?

Brooklyn, NY |

The student is in special education but is FULLY competent.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes, the school can make such a report. Anyone can make such a report.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer