Can a roommate that I am on the lease with just kick me out for being 2 days late on rent?

Asked 11 months ago - Bellingham, WA

I clean up after myself, I am very kind and considerate. Please let me know soon the rent was due the 1st. I just don't have any income yet I am in a job search. Alright it is pouring down rain and I still got to pack all my things. My e-mail is willruss17@yahoo.com

1. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

4

Answered . No -- regardless of whether this is a landlord or whether it's a roommate, you cannot just be kicked out. In most states, landlords cannot avail themselves to "Self Help" remedies. You cannot be forcibly removed from the premises absent your landlord or your roommate filing the appropriate paperwork with the court.

2. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

1

Answered . Your contract is with the landlord not the roommate the landlord has to begin eviction proceedings and two days is too short for a residential eviction.
    Good Luck