Can a roommate that I am on the lease with just kick me out for being 2 days late on rent?

Bellingham, WA |

I clean up after myself, I am very kind and considerate. Please let me know soon the rent was due the 1st. I just don't have any income yet I am in a job search. Alright it is pouring down rain and I still got to pack all my things. My e-mail is willruss17@yahoo.com

1. No -- regardless of whether this is a landlord or whether it's a roommate, you cannot just be kicked out. In most states, landlords cannot avail themselves to "Self Help" remedies. You cannot be forcibly removed from the premises absent your landlord or your roommate filing the appropriate paperwork with the court.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

2. Your contract is with the landlord not the roommate the landlord has to begin eviction proceedings and two days is too short for a residential eviction.
    Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes