Skip to main content

Can a religious worker on R1 visa work for another sister orgranization where members of both the congregations overlap?

Seattle, WA |
Filed under: Employment

Org'n A is planning to apply for a R1 visa. One of our sister organization (Org' B) would like to use his services also for a short time. Can we share some of the services of the person for whom we would like to apply R1 visa. In fact, most of the people of Org'n B are part of Org'n A.

Thank you

Attorney Answers 1



This is unlikely. The person was petitioned by A and needs to work at A minus some narrow exceptions. However, there is no problem getting an R1 to work at A and another R1 to work at B. Please see more below.


Brian D. Lerner
Attorney at Law

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics