Skip to main content

Can a registered sex offender get the conviction overturned

Decatur, AL |

a friend was convicted of a sex offense even though the evidence suggested otherwise the lawyer advised him to plea guilty so he would receive less time than if he took it to trial and was found guilty

Attorney Answers 1


If he pled, that is admitted guilt, of course he was found guilty. What did he think would happen? Your real complaint seems to be with registration but under the current state of the law that's probably a losing battle as grounds to withdraw a plea. Consult an Al lawyer to explore all his options.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics