Can a quitclaim deed be recorded to a grantee if there are property code violations?Will grantor be clearof any code violations?

Asked 11 months ago - Milwaukee, WI

Grantee knows of these violations; we just want to make sure that the deed will still be able to be recorded and after it has been recorded, the grantor's name will no longer be associated with the proprety. Any help would be appreciated!

1. Maxwell Charles Livingston

Pro

Answered . It would seem to me that the grantee could still come after the grantor for code violations. You can contact me to discuss further.

2. James L. McAlister

Answered . The Register of Deeds office will record just about anything if it is in the legally required format and the recording fee is paid. So, the quitclaim deed can be recorded. I doubt that will clear any code violations.

3. Vincent J. Gallo

Answered . 1. Yes. 2. No.