Can a purge warrant for support contempt be lifted with out beingg arrested?

Asked about 4 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

I have 3 seperate child support orders. I loss employment and feel behind & now have warrants and purges. I went to pay the purges, they told me $2000.00 and I broke my back to get it. after I paid it they informe dme that was for only one case. I want to take care of this and put it behind me. get back on track because I finally got a good job offer but obviously I do not want to get it then get arrested.Can it be taken care of?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael D. Fluke


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . You can file a motion and set a hearing in court. If the court feels you do not have the ability to pay the purge amount they may withdraw the pick up order or modify the purge. I strongly reccomend you do this with the aid of a local Family Law attorney who is familiar with the specific judge and local court system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,793 answers this week

3,077 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,793 answers this week

3,077 attorneys answering