Can a process sever leave notices of intent to serve on my door when i am not home for all my neighbors to Wisconsin

Milwaukee, WI |

Home is going onto fore closure

Yes. I would accept service and file an Answer, Affirmative Defenses and perhaps a Counterclaim. at the very least file an Answer and buy yourself a few more months. Even if they get a judgment of foreclosure, you will have another six months before you have to leave.

Its not that I'm not accepting, I'm not at home, i come hone and find that notice plastered on my front door

Nicholas C. Zales

Nicholas C. Zales

I see. That is unpleasant but in this economic climate not all that bad. Why not call them up and tell them when you will be there so you can get it over with. Then be sure and file a response within 20 days - not counting the day you are served - and your neighbors won't know what is going on.

Okay thank you.

Yes. Go see an attorney right away. You will either want to defend the case or file for bankruptcy. Doing nothing is the worst thing you could do.