Can a probation officer arrest you or get a warrant without just cause?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Marietta, GA

I am currently on probation for a nonviolent misdemeanor. Currently, I have completed all conditions of my sentence, never violated, and am current on all fees. My officer drug screened me a few days ago, but my test came back "dilute". She told me to come in immediate the next day, I did so, and my tests were all negative. I have nothing to hide, but after the dilute test, she literally screamed at me on the phone in a very intimidating and threatening way. I feel like I'm now a target. Can a PO arrest you for just any reason or do they have to have some sort of reason or evidence against you? I've worked very hard and been more than compliant with everything, but I'm just worried about what POs are legally allowed to do as far as arresting a probationer. Thank you.

1. Allen Rust Knox

2

1

Answered . They would need reason to believe that you violated your probation in some manner to arrest you. Right now, a dilute is not sufficient since you passed the test the next day.