Can a pro se litigant supplement affidavits and other evidence prior to motion for summary judgment hearing ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kalamazoo, MI

federal court summary judgment hearing scheduled for May and I am not sure if I can add others testimony that I just received.

1. Reese Serra

3

Answered . It never hurts to try. Best of luck! - Reese Serra

2. Constantine D. Buzunis

2

Answered . better late than never, do a supplemental brief and outline the new evidence and the impact and make sure to have a notice of lodgment listing the new exhibits and a delcaration stating what the new documents are and that they are true and correct copies of the originals, bring the originals to court and ASAP send the opposing attorneys or parties if they are not represented, copies of what you intend to file late!

3. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

2

Answered . If you're supplementing, and I suggest you at least try...then make sure the evidence that you're using in your supplemental brief/Affidavit has been supplied to your opposition/opposing counsel as well. Discovery is always ongoing and you have a duty to supplement your responses if you find new information as you proceed toward trial.