Can a police come to you'r house and assault u f or no reason and tase u and write u a ticket for assault and resistant?

Prairie Grove, AR |

The police came to my house to check on me and my family. The officers stated that a friend of mine called and asked them to check on me. I told the officers I was sick and in bed but we are ok. so they started yelling at my husband and pushing him ,then pushed us in the room and started tasing him while my kids was in the room it was two officers my kids was in there the whole time I asked them to leave and stop they wouldn't so I call the dispatcher and was screaming in the phone. They sent a sheriff out they put the hand cuffs on my husband sat him ih the car and wrote him a ticket for assault. Can they do this? The story is much longer I was recording it and the female officer saw it thats when she pushed me and tryed to knock my phone out my hand.my husband arm is swollen where they t

1. The only way police officers can come into your home is with 1) a search warrant, 2) consent from you and 3) exigent (emergency) circumstances. Absent any of these, the police may not enter your home. There must be more to your story, and possibly having a consultation with a local attorney may clear up if you have a case.

This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to form a client/lawyer relationship.

2. I agree with my colleague. You should meet with a local lawyer to understand your rights and potential remedies.