Can a PO have a Conflict of Interest

Shawano, WI |

If there is an incident with two people on probation can they still maintain the same PO or is that a conflict of interest. The PO took their statements, which are conflicting, but now has decided to revoke one of the individuals based on the claim of the other.

1. Well, in a world of philosophical theories, maybe there can be a conflict. Maybe there are angels or were unicorns too. But I don't see a conflict if one person on probation claims another one with the same PO violated them. His remedy, if any, is to hire an attorney to keep from being violated if the PO brings the matter to a judge, but it's an uphill battle.

The standard conditions used by a lot of probation departments might have prohibited these two probationees from hanging out together to begin with, as probationees are not supposed to consort with disreputable people or known criminals.

Creative attempt at a defense, though.

This answer is provided under the Avvo.com “Terms and Conditions of Use” (“ToU”), particularly ¶9 which states that any information provided is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and me or any other attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely solely upon Legal Information you obtain from this website or other resources which may be linked to an answer for informational purposes. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. The full Avvo ToU are set forth at http://www.avvo.com/support/terms . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of New York and Federal Courts. Any general information I provide about non-New York laws should be checked with an attorney licensed to practice in your State. Lastly, New York State Court rules (22 NYCRR Part 1200, Rule 7.1) also require me to inform you that my answers and attorney profile posted on the Avvo.com site may be considered "attorney advertising" and that "prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome".