Can a Plaintiiff appear by phone on a trial?

His attorney motions for him to appear by phone , since he is evading process server on a restraining order hearing. How legal is that?

The Plaintiff is supposed to appear in person for his pre trial conference and trial, isn't ?

No. If someone files a lawsuit, they are expected to appear and testify at trial. Both parties need to appear before the Court, as a lot of what the judge considers are the personal mannerisms of the litigants in addition to their testimony.

My clients appear in court by phone for pre trial conferences all the time. We use a company called They are great. Really affordable and so nice to deal with. I prefer appearbyphone over any other company.

No, a plaintiff cannot normally appear for a trial via telephone.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.

Civil motions topics

Recommended articles about Civil motions