Can a petitioner who is eligible to work on H1B from Oct 1, 2013 wait for the right time to start or has to start from day one

Pittsburgh, PA |
Filed under: Immigrant status

I am working currently on a L1B and my H1B petition has been approved and I have recieved I797B too. The notice states it is valid from 10/01/2013 to 03/02/2016. Since I am a consultant and wanted to work to the specific role, can I still work with my L1B employer and when the right opportunity comes, I can start on the H1B. So to be specific, if I wanted to work after Oct 1, 2013 with my current L1B employer; Is there any issue. Please advise.

1. Since oyur status has been changed from 10/1/2013 you will need ot start then as you violate your visa terms

2. If filed for a change of status, you status changes on October 1 and you must cease employment with the L-1 employer and begin employment with the H-1B employer.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Sorry ... you can't have your cake-and-eat-it-too ... on 10/01/2013 you must NOT work for the L-1B employer...... period.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. I agree

www.BulgarianImmigrationLawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630