Can a petitioner who is eligible to work on H1B from Oct 1, 2013 wait for the right time to start or has to start from day one

Asked about 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

I am working currently on a L1B and my H1B petition has been approved and I have recieved I797B too. The notice states it is valid from 10/01/2013 to 03/02/2016. Since I am a consultant and wanted to work to the specific role, can I still work with my L1B employer and when the right opportunity comes, I can start on the H1B. So to be specific, if I wanted to work after Oct 1, 2013 with my current L1B employer; Is there any issue. Please advise.

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

1

Answered . Since oyur status has been changed from 10/1/2013 you will need ot start then as you violate your visa terms

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

1

Answered . If filed for a change of status, you status changes on October 1 and you must cease employment with the L-1 employer and begin employment with the H-1B employer.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . Sorry ... you can't have your cake-and-eat-it-too ... on 10/01/2013 you must NOT work for the L-1B employer...... period.

4. John K Lassen

1

Answered . I agree

www.BulgarianImmigrationLawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630