Can a Personal Representative of a Probated Estate, sue the interested parties for expenses beyond the value of the estate?

Asked 6 months ago - Westland, MI

The entire estate was depleted by attorneys fees. Can those that, at first, stood to gain, be asked now to share In the cost?

1. James P. Frederick

7

1

Answered . No. Not unless there have been distributions to the beneficiaries. If the estate was insolvent and there were no distributions, then the beneficiaries are not responsible for estate administrative expenses.

James Frederick

2. David L. Carrier

Pro

5

1

Answered . No. Not happening. Nope. No way. Sorry! Hope you didn't personally guarantee the attorney fees.

3. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

5

1

Answered . no they cannot. the attorneys only recourse is against the estate for his fees however he could go after you if you personally guarantee that he would be paid.