Can a person with a Class C misdemeanor fly from state to state?

New Canaan, CT |

I am currently in the application process for AR in CT and I was wondering if I will be stopped at the airport and be unable to fly to a different state and back with this on my record. I can't find any information on traveling with a class C misdemeanor and I'm just trying to double check before doing anything I shouldn't.

1. You can go anywhere anytime. There are no restrictions on your right to travel.

2. Atty Thygerson is correct. I just want to add the only restriction may be written onto your release bond. If there is no notation that you cannot leave the state, you are free to leave and enjoy the travel. With a C misdemeanor, I am almost certain there is no travel restriction. But that is the only place you may find one.

Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no specific action should be taken in reliance thereon. No attorney-client relationship is created through this response. You should speak to an licensed attorney in your state who is competent to answer your question before taking any action with regard to this question.