Can a person who was Baker-Acted obtain a concealed weapons permit? would chapter 394 apply to me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I had a drunken incident at my home a few months back and had my firearms taken(none were involved)by the sherriff dpt(3 months later & still won't give them back!!).I broke a window out of my house and had to go to the hospital to be stapeled up.The sherriffs dpt CLAIM I was Baker-Acted saying a BA-52 form was filled out(which is the excuse they give me for not returning my property!!) but I only stayed in the hospital a day and a half only to recover from the injury before being released home.never had i gone anywhere to have any 72hr evaluation nor did i speak with any shrinks during my short stay. The hospital says there's NOTHING in my medical record that shows I should have been Baker-Acted.I've since been able to purchase 4 different firearms 3 different i have any options?

Additional information

What im mainly asking is would i be able to obtain a concealed weapons permit or does chapter 394 apply to me since there "supposedly" was a BA-52 form filled out on me?Is there a way I can get a copy of the form they are saying was filed on me? would there be any hiccup causing me to be denied for a CWP?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jimmy Allen Davis

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Earlier today a similar question was asked (it may have been yours). Depending on the time frame, an attorney would probably be able to petition the courts to have the Sheriff return your weapons to you.

    Good luck to you. I've included the link to the earlier question.

    DISCLAIMER This answer is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between any user/... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,484 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,484 answers this week

3,003 attorneys answering