Can a person who is under Temporary Protected Status adjust status to permanent residency if marrying a U.S Citizen?

Asked over 4 years ago - Houston, TX

I was brought to the U.S illegally when I was 6yrs old, I have a work permit and TPS since I am 9yrs old, I am now 22 and will be getting married to a U.S citizen, can I adjust my status without having to leave the U.S? if so, how long can the process take?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Isaul Verdin

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I can tell you this from experience because I have successfully applied for Advance Parole for my clients on TPS. The clients then take a short trip to their home country and then come back legally, with inspection. We then file for adjustment of status because we can show a lawful entry. This is definitely a viable option.

    Best of luck.

    Verdin Law Firm
    Dallas, TX

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,181 answers this week

3,078 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,181 answers this week

3,078 attorneys answering