Can a person who is convicted of a felony drug charge become a clinical psychologist in the state of Missouri?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Kansas City, MO

A class B manufacturing charge from seven years ago. I have served my time and turned my life around and maxed out on this charge.

1. Peter Russell Van Leunen

Answered . I'm not sure, but you can certainly contact the Missouri Division of Professional Registration.

http://pr.mo.gov/psychologists.asp

Hope this helps.

2. Steven Edward Weir

Answered . http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C300-399/337000...

It is within their authority to deny application. It may be that upon review, they deem you to be sufficiently rehabilitated, but as I read the statute, it is a case by case determination.

As the other gentleman suggested, it would be a good idea to make a call to find out what they say. Use someone else's phone or a blocked number if you like, but such a conversation can be extremely valuable to decidiing how to proceed.