Can a person who has already been deported, appeal a court case "if" immigration reform passes?

Asked about 1 year ago - Grand Rapids, MI

My parents got deported, three months ago. However they lived in the US for 15 years and had a court going in for 7 years Trying to stay in the country some way, sadly, they got deported. What I'm trying to say is that, "if" immigration reform does pass in 2014, will they be able fight in court to come back, Even though they were in the U.S for 15 years and a have fought court to stay? Or is there no such thing ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

1

Answered . No one knows if and when immigration reform finally passes what that legislation will ultimately contain. Any answer now would be purely speculative.

2. Jesse Adam Lloyd

4

1

Answered . Right now, it is not certain there will be immigration reform, and if anything passes it will likely be after extensive negotiation, meaning it is very hard to predict now what any new law would say.. Therefore, there is no way to know now whether immigration reform would help your parents, but you should review further or consult with an attorney if reform passes.

3. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

3

Answered . No one knows what the legislation, if passed, will contain. We will have to wait and see. To learn more about current proposed and enacted legislation visit the American Immigration Lawyers Association website at http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=...

4. Renee M. Dagher

Answered . Immigration reform may or may not pass and if it does pass no one knows what it will contain. There is no way to answer that question. I agree with my colleagues, but you should sit down with their immigration attorney and understand what bars they face as a result of their removal under the law as it stands now.

5. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

Answered . If they have a final order, they’d have to reopen their case first before any relief.

JP Sarmiento
    Free Consultations (email /phone/in-person)
    (216) 573-3712
    jp@sarmientoimmigration.com
    www.sarmientoimmigration.com