Can a person travel abroad while green card (marriage based) case is pending?

Bridgeport, CT |

I want to travel abroad without my wife and my green card status is pending since a year. I have got my social id and work permit which is valid. So can i go abroad by taking permission and come back after spending some time abroad?

1. Yes, you can travel if and when you receive an advance parole document.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. With AP and valid national passport, sure. Without, no. Whether you can enter the destination depends on the agreements your country made.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

4. Only if you received an Advance Parole and your foreign passport is valid.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

5. Only if you get an advance parole document. I also would advise you to consult with an attorney before you travel, to avoid any complications.

New York Immigration lawyer. This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

6. Previously asked question. See my earlier answer.

Agarwal Law Offices 3 Dundee Park, B10 Andover, MA 01810 www.agarwaloffices.com This information is for informational and educational use only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.