Can a person that entered the US illegally get the US citizenship or any other legal document by marrying a US citizen?

Asked 11 months ago - Washington, DC

The person that entered the US illegally has been working in the States for seven years and arrived at age 19. My interest is knowing if a marriage might allow the person without paper to get some sort of official document that may let them travel and enter the US again without problems.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Brenman. You expect way too much from AVVO when you ask a complicated quesiton and provided no facts to back it up.

2. Lisa R. Brenman

Pro

2

1

Answered . This question is complicated and does require a detailed analysis by an experienced immigration lawyer. It is possible for an undocumented person who is married to a U.S. citizen to obtain lawful status if certain requirements are met. It would be worthwhile for the parties involved to consult with an experienced immigration attorney in order to fully understand the options and the risks involved.

3. Harry Asatrian

1

1

Answered . Possible.

4. Angela Teide Moore

1

1

Answered . It's possible. I cannot say for sure unless I know all the facts. He can possibly get a green card and then later apply for citizenship. The process will vary depending on a number of factors. Talk to one of us for help.

5. Madhu Kalra

Answered . Need additional information before we can answer your question, recommend speaking to an immigration attorney to find out answer to your question. Good Luck